Can you grill with a basket-style air fryer?
Yes, you can grill with a basket-style air fryer. They are seen as perfect alternatives for many methods of cooking. Like frying, baking, roasting, and most importantly, grilling with a double grill layer, a basket, and separators for the air fryer. Grilling food has become much easier to do. You don’t have to flip anything around, just shake things up a bit to move the heat around.
Step-by-step: How to grill with your air fryer
When it comes to grilling, most people think about one thing only and that’s steak. To do so, this video gives you step-by-step instructions (description is below the video) on what to do when grilling a steak.
- The first thing you should do is marinate your steak in any oil of your choosing. Whether that’s avocado oil like the video used, olive or vegetable oil. The choice is entirely up to you.
- Next, let the steak sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. A quick episode of your favorite TV show should help you pass the time easily.
- With just five minutes left, preheat your oven to 400 degrees to get the fryer a little hot before putting your steak at the right temperature.
- Once the oven has been heated, you have a few options. If you want your steak medium-rare, turn it down to 180. If well done, leave it at 400 degrees and proceed to place the steak in the basket for grilling.
- Now grill the steak between 6-8 minutes and at the halfway point, pause the fryer and shake up the basket as said on the new air website, to let the heat slow around all sides of the steak.
- Once time is up you can then remove the steak from the air fryer and let it rest for about 5-6 minutes before digging in.
If steak or meat, for that matter, is not the way to go. You can also grill veggies to add to any dishes you may serve on the side. Again, referencing the video, you can get step-by-step instructions on what to do.
- First, cut your veggies into a desirable size and then season them with salt and pepper if that is your choice. You may also use any oil that you desire, as is done with the steak.
- After that, preheat the air fryer to just 380 degrees and wait until it’s ready.
- Once it’s ready, put the veggies in and allow them to grill for 1-15 minutes until it reaches your desired tenderness.
- Once done, let it rest for about 5 minutes and enjoy it!
What’s the difference between grilling with an air fryer Vs. an actual grill?
The cooking process in an air fryer can be a little longer than the traditional grilling. As it requires no oil at all (purely your choice if you want to coat your meat in it) and can be considered a little faster, even with the slow timer as mentioned earlier.
The cooking time for an air fryer has been considered a little longer due to the air fryer being slower than the traditional fryer.
The top feature you should be looking for when grilling food is a grilling basket and tongs to go along with your air fryer.
Texture & moisture
This article shows that not using oil can in fact cause the food to lose moisture, and the texture will feel and look dry. So, using oil can be essential to using your air-fryer while grilling food the right way; in order to keep the texture and moisture looking nice for everyone to enjoy.
Foods that are tossed in an air fryer are known to come out more deliciously than they would in a traditional frying pan.
Pros of grilling in an air fryer
The pros of grilling with an air-fryer are quite simple. For starters, it’s considered the healthier option versus traditional grilling. It’s fast and easy to use for anybody just starting to cook or are professionals at it. It provides crispy and crunchy foods like chicken if oil is sprayed or coated on it before cooking, you can cook multiple meals at once, and it’s easier to clean.
Cons of grilling in an air fryer
The cons of grilling with an air-fryer are that it takes longer, the smaller capacity to grill outside can cause crowding, and it can make the cooking time for your whole meal take a little longer than expected.
Which is healthier? Air frying or grilling?
As you can see from the other articles, air frying your food is considered the healthier option as it knocks down some of the fat off things like chicken and beef. As well as your doing it indoors, not having to worry about anything getting inside of your food while it’s cooking.
Consider purchasing an air fryer/grill combo
The best product when it comes to an air-fryer grill is the Powerxl Grill air fryer combo. It’s the cheapest model of the brand and has the feature to both air fry and grill. With its many features, one of them being air fry or grill. You can’t go wrong with this one.
Tips and accessories for grilling with your air fryer
The best tip I can give you is that when it comes to grilling meat in your air fryer, coat it with at least a tablespoon of oil and paint it over with a brush until all sides of the meat are glazed. Once you’ve done that, proceed to put it in the air fryer and check after half of the time has passed. Sometimes all the minutes that are required are not always necessary.
Other interesting articles: