Do you want to cook the perfect steak?
Well, if you do, then I have just the trick for you. An air fryer is a great tool that will make cooking your favorite meats easier and quicker than ever before.
Using an air-fryer like this one can help turn out perfectly cooked, dry-aged steaks in no time at all!
Can you cook a perfect dry-aged steak in an air fryer?
Yes. You might be surprised at how incredibly well you can cook a dry-aged steak in an air fryer. Air-frying steaks still requires that you flip them over midway, and you still have to cook them based on the thickness of your cut. The key is to getting the temperature and timing just right so that you can have that perfect steak each and every time you cook. For example, a 1-inch steak should be cooked under 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 7 to 9 minutes to get medium-rare and 12 minutes to achieve medium.
Although it may seem like an unconventional method, you can actually achieve great results with an air fryer. However, it is important to read the recipe carefully and follow all of the instructions closely.
How to cook the perfect dry-aged steak in an air fryer
You will need two loin steaks, about 1 ¼ inches thick, preferably with some salt, black pepper, and butter. To make your perfectly cooked, dry-aged steak in an air fryer, you need to follow the steps below:
- This step is important because it is the part that involves seasoning the meat. Put your steaks on a plate or tray, salt and pepper, and allow them to refrigerate for 2 to 3 days. Don’t cover the steaks. Every twelve hours, you will need to flip the steaks, using a paper towel to blot any juices.
- This next step is advisable if you want an extremely tender, flavor-augmented piece of meat. However, if you are short on time, you can skip it.
- About 45 to 60 minutes prior to cooking, take the meat out of the refrigerator. Allow it to sit for a while at room temperature.
- Next, melt the butter. Using a pastry brush, generously butter both sides of the steaks. Put the buttered steaks in the air fryer on a rack.
- No need to preheat the air fryer. Set the temperature to 410 Fahrenheit and cook for 15 minutes for a medium-done steak.
- If you prefer a medium-rare steak, decrease the cooking time by 1 or 2 minutes. If you like your food medium-to-well done, increase the cooking time by 1 or 2 minutes. Adjust the time according to the thickness of your meat. (If it is thinner or thicker than the recommended 1 ¼ inches).
- When cooking meat, you should always use a meat thermometer. Of course, all cooking times in this recipe are approximate.
- Tear off a piece of wax paper or foil. After taking the steaks out of the air fryer, you will need to wrap them in it for about 10 minutes prior to serving. For additional flavor, try using a compound butter to serve the steaks with.
How long should you cook steak in an air fryer?
How long you cook a steak depends entirely on your preference for doneness. The cooking time can be anywhere from 7 minutes to 14 minutes, as stated in the next sections, according to preferred doneness.
If you like your steaks rare
If you prefer the doneness of your steak to be medium-rare, you need to set your air fryer to a temperature of 400 Fahrenheit. Use salt and ground pepper to generously season both sides of the steak. Put the steak in the air fryer basket’s center, and cook for approximately 10 minutes. The internal temperature should be around 125 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you like your your steaks medium-rare
Season your steaks as stated above, but for a rare steak, the cook time will be shortened. Place the steak in the air fryer basket center, and allow it to cook for only 7 to 9 minutes. The internal temperature of a medium-rare steak should be around 135 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you like your steaks medium
For a medium-done steak, you will need to allow it to stay in the air fryer a little longer. It usually takes around 12 minutes to cook a 1 ¼ inch thick steak to medium doneness. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you like your steaks medium-well
For people looking to cook their steaks medium well, you going to need to increase your cooking temperature of a little longer then you would with medium steaks. To cook a one and a quarter inch thick steak 2 medium well, it will usually take about 13 minutes. The internal temperature should reach 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
If you like your steaks well-done
Lastly, for those who prefer their meat well-done, you will need to allow it to cook for at least 14 minutes with an internal temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do you need to flip a steak in an air fryer?
Cooking a steak in the air fryer is so simple. You may not ever want to cook steak another way after using an air fryer. You will need to flip the steak once, when you are half-way through the cooking process. Then top it with some garlic butter after allowing it to rest for 10 minutes.
Can you cook more than one steak in an air fryer?
It is possible to cook more than one steak in an air fryer. Yet, it’s impractical to try and cook enough steaks for several people in the device. You might have better luck using a large, cast-iron skillet to fry several steaks in the time it takes to air-fry only one.
How long would it take to cook two steaks in an air fryer?
How long it takes to cook two steaks in your air fryer depends on the doneness of the first. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit first. Next, season both sides of the steak with some salt and ground black pepper. Put the meat inside the air fryer basket’s center, allowing it to cook to the desired level of doneness. This can be anywhere from 14 minutes for medium-well; 12 minutes for medium; and 10 minutes or less for medium-rare.
Can you cook four steaks in an air fryer?
If you need to cook four steaks in an air fryer, you first must prepare the meat. Do this with some olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. First, rub each side of the steaks with the olive oil. Then rub some Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper onto each side of the steak. Once the steaks have been prepared, put them into the basket of the air fryer. Allow them to cook for about 12 minutes, depending on your preference for doneness. Halfway through the process, flip the steaks to cook the other side.
What should the perfect steak’s internal temperature be?
There is no one perfect steak temperature. The ideal internal temperature for a steak will vary depending on the cut of meat, how well it has been cooked, and the cooking pan. For example, a rare steak will be cooked at a lower temperature than a well-done steak.
There is a lot of debate around what the perfect internal temperature for a steak is. However, it’s really based on your own personal opinion. Some people like it rare, some people like it well-done. I have created an easy chart below that will help you find your ideal cooking temperature.
|Steak Cooked||Recommended Internal Temp (Fahrenheit)|
A good rule of thumb is that the internal temperature in the center of your steak should be around 135 degrees Fahrenheit for medium-rare. You can use a thermometer to check the temperature and ensure that your steak is cooked to your desired doneness.
One thing to keep in mind is that the USDA recommends that when you cook your beef, it should have an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit and rested for at least three minutes. The reason for the extra time arresting mainly has to do with giving the heat ample time to kill the bacteria, mold, and any toxins that may be lingering in your food.
Tips for the perfect air-fried steak
- When cooking a steak in an air fryer, it is important to let the meat come to room temperature for at least 30 minutes before cooking. This will help ensure that the steak cooks evenly and does not end up being overcooked or undercooked.
- If you want to cook a perfect steak in your air fryer, make sure to start with a cold ribeye steak. Room-temperature steak will have the most juicy, melt-in-your-mouth flavor and a perfectly seared crust.
- One way to achieve the perfect steak is to make sure it is dry before cooking. If there is any moisture on the surface of the steak, pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Make sure to salt and pepper your steak generously before cooking it in the air fryer. This will add flavor and help to ensure that your steak is cooked perfectly.
- To ensure that your steak cooks evenly, it is important to preheat the air fryer for at least 5 minutes before adding the food.
- First and foremost, make sure that your air fryer basket is heated to its maximum temperature before adding the steaks. This will ensure that the air fryer cooks the steak evenly and quickly, resulting in a perfect steak. Additionally, start up the air fryer’s motor before adding the steak to help create an instant searing effect.
- By using an air fryer, you can get the most delicious, juicy steak. The secret is to dry-age the steak before cooking it in the air fryer. You’ll get a steak with the perfect amount of flavor and a beautifully seared crust.
Other interesting articles: