If you have a Keurig coffee machine and it won’t turn on, don’t worry. There might be a way to fix it!
Here’s every possible solution that’s stirring around on the internet.
Why won’t my Keurig turn on?
There are a few things you can try if your Keurig isn’t turning on.
To start off, make sure to try and press the power on button on your device to see if that does anything.
Another thing to check is whether or not the machine is clogged. You can do this by trying to brew a small cup of water. If it doesn’t work, smacking the machine might be the quickest and easiest way to unclog it!
If that doesn’t work, you can try running a vinegar descale. Allow several cycles of this 1:1 vinegar and water solution into the Keurig so you can get rid of the limescale buildup inside.
Something else you can do is attempt to reset the device. To do this, it usually involves pressing a combination of buttons on your Keurig’s display settings. You’ll need to reference your Keurig’s manual for the detailed steps.
Finally, make sure your Keurig is getting electricity. Check your outlet and make sure it’s supplying your Keurig with enough power.
If none of these solutions work, your best bet might be to call an appliance repair professional to fix your faulty Keurig switch, power cord, thermostat, or circuit board.
How to fix a Keurig brewer that won’t turn on?
If you are having issues with your Keurig turning on, there are a few different things you can try. You may be able to get your Keurig back to working well, but you might still have to do more work to get your machine back up and working the way that it needs to be working.
- Check your plugs and power sources. This is a relatively simple solution, but if your power cord is not working well or not working at all, this might be the issue.
- You can also hold down the power button of your Keurig for ten seconds. This may help to reset the touch screen if there is one, and it can also help to reset the coffee machine so that you can use it.
- Another option you might be able to use is to unplug the coffee maker and take off the water reservoir. You then need to leave it unplugged for at least an hour so that it has time to reset and does have time to even out.
- If these solutions do not work, you might need to have your Keurig looked at or send it off to have it worked on if there are still issues.
Why is my Keurig not responding?
There are a few reasons why your Keurig might not be responding or why it might not be working properly.
- Your Keurig is overfilled. The Keurig is designed to only work under perfect conditions. If the machine has too much water or has too much in the pod, it can cause it to stop working and can keep it from working.
- Broken parts could be another issue. It could be a very small part that is not working properly and can cause your Keurig to not work properly.
- Coffee grounds that are stuck can cause the machine to stop working.
- If your needle is clogged by coffee grounds or by limescale, it can cause your machine to stop working.
- Your reservoir can be clogged as well, which may make it hard for the Keurig to work properly.
- The last thing you might want to look for is a Keurig that needs to be reset. If that is the case, you can use the reset button, send it off to be worked on, or you can take the time to fully clean your machine and see if there is any other issue that might be present.
When it comes to a Keurig that is experiencing any of these issues, you can take the time to clean your machine fully. Sometimes, cleaning the machine fully is enough to help it get reset and to help get it working again.
If that does not work, you may need to take the time to figure out what is going on and see if there are any damaged parts, or you may need to send it off to Keurig to have it taken care of and to see if they can find the issue.
Check for any electrical issues that your Keurig might have
Before you do anything else, make sure that your Keurig is getting electrical power by checking the outlet. If it’s not, try plugging it into a different outlet. If your Keurig is still not working, then you might have a technical issue and will need to troubleshoot further.
To check for any technical issues, unplug the unit completely, allow it to sit idle for a short period of time, and plug it in again. Keep an eye out for any indicator light on your Keurig that shows it being on. If not, then there’s probably an issue with the circuit board.
Check for any mechanical issues that your Keurig might have
There are a few things you can do to troubleshoot your Keurig coffee maker before taking it in for repairs.
First, check to make sure that the water tank is full and properly attached.
Next, try unplugging it and plugging it back in. Sometimes this will reset the machine.
If that doesn’t work, run multiple cycles without inserting any coffee pods, and then check whether the water is running.
Finally, if all of those steps fail to fix the issue, you might want to check whether the needle has a hole or not (and clean it if necessary), make sure the water is flowing through all of the tubes in your Keurig, descale it if necessary, or replace either the pump or entire coffee maker.
If the pump is off, a new pump will need to be cleaned. The Keurig pump can be unclogged by coffee grounds or mineral buildup. It’s always a good idea to check the pump for clogs before brewing any coffee, especially if you’re experiencing problems with your machine.
Why does my Keurig keep turning off
It’s possible that your Keurig is shutting off automatically because the timer has been set. If you want to turn your Keurig back on, make sure that the timer is off when it’s done brewing. Keurigs are built to shut off automatically after a certain amount of time. However, if you want to disable the auto switch off, you might find in some models that you can go into the settings and manually turn that off.
Keurig won’t turn on after a power outage
It’s possible that your Keurig stopped working after a power surge. This can often be due to the fuse settings on your machine. In these instances, it’s likely that the damage caused by the surges has caused your Keurig to malfunction.
However, there are still things you can try before calling customer care. First, unplug your Keurig and wait for a few minutes. Then plug it back in and see if it turns on. If this doesn’t work, give us a call for further troubleshooting assistance.
Keurig won’t power on after descaling
If your Keurig won’t power on after descaling, it’s possible that the thermal switch was tripped. Contact Keurig support before trying this fix without help from them.
Regular descaling is just part of the joy of owning a coffee maker, and it’s necessary to remove limescale from kettles, boilers, and coffee makers as it can damage the machine and change the taste of coffee.
Other interesting articles: