When people hear you say something is “air-fried,” they may not know what that means.
If you’ve just been told to go outside and cook something without turning on your oven, the last thing someone wants to do is take a risk with an unfamiliar tool–and it’s understandable! The Air Fryer has become so popular because of its convenience–it cooks everything from french fries and chicken nuggets to pizza in minutes. But many people are still hesitant about using an air fryer outside.
That’s why it’s important to consider the pros and cons of cooking with this tool before you invest in one for your home! Here are some things to think about when deciding whether or not an air fryer is right for you when it comes to outdoor cooking.
Can you use an air fryer in the outdoors?
Yes, you can use an air fryer outdoors. If you’re planning on making a lot of food using your air fryer and you don’t want your home to smell, then cooking outdoors is an excellent alternative to cooking indoors. However, using an air fryer outdoors isn’t exactly like using one indoors. But, as long as you find your air fryer a good place with shade and connected to an outlet with the proper voltage then you shouldn’t have much to worry about other than the occasional checking up on your food.
It is important to take safety precautions in order not to endanger yourself or your family when cooking with an air fryer outdoors. The best way to avoid this problem is by placing the appliance on a table, which will prevent it from tipping over and spilling food into the electrical circuits and causing problems.
Is it safe to use an air fryer outdoors?
Air fryers are safe to use outdoors, but should not be used in areas where there is a heavy amount of dust. The air fryer can cause the particles to cling together and form a dust cloud, which can be dangerous for those who are nearby.
Another important thing to remember is not to cook your air fryer in the rain. Water can damage the heating coils inside the unit, which could lead to a fire. So, if you plan on cooking with your air fryer while it rains, make sure you keep it under some protection or cover that prevents water from entering the air fryer.
Is it legal to use an air fryer outside?
It is legal to use an air fryer outside. However, just to be sure, check with your local city ordinance and regulations. At least here in Texas, it is totally fine.
Should you adjust the temperature of your air fryer based on the environment?
When it comes to air frying temperatures outdoors whether you’re cooking in the winter vs summer, it doesn’t really make a difference. There’s no need to adjust the temperature of your air fryer.
This is because your air fryer is built to get to the right temperature when it’s on. It’s able to sense the temperature from within and that’s when it starts to cook.
Preheating is a very important factor here. For example, if you’re supposed to cook your food at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes. Then it’s best to preheat your air fryer for 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Then place the food in and finally begin cooking.
How to use an air fryer outside
When it comes to prepping and using your air fryer outside, you should follow these steps:
- Find a shaded area to place your air fryer under.
- Make sure that the air fryer has enough power to run properly. Connecting it into any outlet outside your home should be enough.
- Place the food in the air fryer and start cooking.
- Check on the food every 5-10 minutes to see how it’s doing.
- Use a food thermometer to check the temperature of the air fryer. If the food is getting too hot, remove it from the air fryer. Otherwise, leave it alone until it reaches the desired temperature.
- Once the food is done, let it cool down before removing it from the air fry.
Can you use an air fryer when camping?
Yes! You can use an air fryer while camping. However, it’s important to understand that an air fryer needs an outlet and electricity with enough wattage to run properly.
Air fryers normally require wattage ranges of 800 to 2175 with a mean average of 1425 watts. In some cases, if your camping ground happens to have an outlet, then you should be fine. However, if you’re wanting to cook using an air fryer and there’s no outlet laying around, then you might want to consider looking for an outdoor powerstation. It’s basically a large portable battery you can carry around with you.
Keep in mind, it’s hard-pressed to find a portable battery that can go over 1000 watts. You’ll have to look for one that is capable of running at least 1400 watts just to be safe.
Also, just make sure that you have all the necessary equipment ready. This includes a tent, sleeping bag, flashlight, etc. Also, make sure that you have enough space to set up your air fryer. And lastly, make sure that you don’t cook anything that requires refrigeration and if you do, then just cook enough of it so that your or your party can finish it all.
When is it not appropriate to use an air fryer outdoors?
The main issue here would be in the case that air fryers are not waterproof. If you’re going to air fry your food outdoors, you better make sure it’s not raining. Water that falls into the machine and creeps into the circuit board may end up destroying the unit.
Top tips when using an air fryer outdoors
- Make sure you protech your air fryer from rain. It’s not waterproof.
- Don’t worry about adjusting the temperature settings to accomodate the cooking process. Your air fryer measures the temperaturate of the chamber itself so setting it to 350 degrees Fahrenheit will be correct on the display as well as inside the chamber.
- We always recommend getting yourself a food thermomether to check the internal temperatures of the food you cook.
- Check your air fryer more frequently than normal.
- Place your air fryer on a leveled area. Find a table. Don’t let it slant on rocks.
- Always make sure your voltage and wattage requirements are met. Look at your instructions manual or call the manufacturer for details. If you want, get yourself a voltage meter to test the electricity that’s coming from the outlet. These devices will last nearly forever.
What is the best air fryer built for the outdoors?
Air fryers are becoming more popular these days and some people are even replacing their outdoor grills with a dedicated outdoor air fryer. It’s important to understand that these machines are usually not appropriate for use in all the elements which mostly includes rain and extreme cold.
In fact, the idea of an outdoor air fryer is so new that only a few manufacturers have actually created an industrial-sized air fryer that can survive outdoors.
- Masterbuilt Outdoor Air Fryer
Other interesting articles: