How to Fix a Ninja Foodi Smart Air Fryer That’s Not Heating Up (ALL Solutions!)
Check the outlet
First, make sure that your outlet has power. If you’re using a new one or one you haven’t used in a while, plug something else into it to make sure that there are no problems with the outlet itself (the whole reason why it wasn’t working).
If your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer is still not heating up after checking this step, move on to step #2.
Check if the circuit breaker is tripped or blown
If everything looks good at the outlet but your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer still isn’t heating up, check if there’s anything else preventing electricity from reaching its internal components like a tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse.
Check the power cord
- Check the power cord. Make sure it is plugged in properly and that there are no kinks or knots in the cord. If you have any doubts, plug in another device to make sure that your outlet is working properly.
- Check the temperature setting on your air fryer as well as its timer function. You can also check if this setting has been tampered with by opening up your air fryer’s lid and looking at its display panel for any marks of tampering. If there are none, then you should be able to find a helpful online manual.
- The heating element might need replacing if it hasn’t worked for some time now. This is going to be something you might need to call the Ninja company for to see if you can get a replacement or repair service.
Check the temperature
If your air fryer is not heating up, check the temperature settings.
In some cases, this can be due to a faulty temperature setting.
To check if the control panel is to blame, use a thermometer (such as one for cooking meat or candy) and make sure the thermometer temperature matches the temperature that is displayed on the Ninja Foodi air fryer.
If it is off by a large range about a 5 to 10 degrees Fahrenheit difference oh, then it might be an issue with the heating element or the control panel. You could either increase the temperature to see if that would offset the temperature you need, or you can go ahead and call it into service for repair.
Check the timer
Make sure the timer is set to the correct time. If it’s not, you won’t be able to use your machine while you’re away because it won’t have time to preheat. You can adjust the timer in a few different ways:
- While your air fryer is on, click on the timer button.
- Then go ahead and rotate the dial until you get to the right temperature you desire.
The cord has been damaged
If the cord is damaged, the air fryer won’t work. it can even become a fire hazard if you continue using your air fryer.
Your power cord has a protective coating that prevents it from overheating. If the coating has been damaged or worn away, it may cause a short circuit in your air fryer.
If this happens, you’ll need to replace your power cord to avoid damaging your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer further.
To check for damage:
Unplug your air fryer from its electrical outlet and disconnect its power supply cable from the wall outlet before attempting to check your appliance.
If you do and see any damage on your cord that exposes the wiring from within, then it’s time to stop using it and call Ninja customer representative
Check the amount of food in the air fryer
If you have too much food in your air fryer, it will not heat up. To avoid this problem, don’t overfill your air fryer ovens tray. Leave some room between every item of food so that the air can circulate around it. Don’t stack any food on top of each other.
Check the heating element
The heating element is one of the most common areas where problems occur, especially if you’ve had your Ninja Foodi Air Fryer for a while. Some problems can be fixed by simply tightening up screws and making sure that everything is snugly in place.
- Check to see if the heating element is touching any other surface of your air fryer. If it’s not loose and touching a surface.
- Check to make sure that there are no dust, debris, or food particles blocking access to the heating element from underneath or between other parts of your air fryer. try giving your air fryer a good wipe down with a damp paper towel after every time it’s cooled down after use.
- Remove any objects or debris from around or underneath where your food sits during cooking. Try removing items like onion skins, which may cling onto the grill used when placing food into an empty basket/tray/pan (you’ll want these types of things removed before they get tossed in with whatever else!).
Check the air fryer door
Make sure it is aligned properly with the air fryer body.
Check to make sure that there are no cracks or damage to the door.
If you have checked all of these things and your air fryer still isn’t heating up, there may be a problem with the timer. You can find out more about troubleshooting your Ninja Foodi Smart Air Fryer website.